|You are here|
Installation of Fedora via ISO
I recommend to install Fefora via a netinst based ISO rather than from a full ISO. Indeed, there seems to be a bug while updating the system with the 2nd method.
It is recommended to install the 2 following RPM Fusion repositories:
Free RPM Fusion:
$ su -lc 'dnf install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm'
Non Free RPM Fusion:
$ su -lc 'dnf install --nogpgcheck http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm'
Flash & Java
To install Adobe proprietary Flash in Firefox:
$ sudo dnf install http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm $ sudo dnf install flash-plugin
Java (both 32bit and 64bit can be installed via RPM) or manually.
To install from RPM (downloaded from Java site):
$ sudo dnf install jre-8u101-linux-x64.rpmIt installs Java in
RSSOwlIf you prefer RSSOwl over liferea, first install RSSOwl to . If you have the following error:
RSSOwl was unable to create a browser for reading news. Please refer to the FAQ for further help.
Do as follows:
$ cd /opt/rssowl/xulrunner/ $ chmod 755 $(file * | grep executable | sed 's/:.*//') $ ./xulrunner --register-user ./xulrunner-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libhunspell-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Identify where libhunspell related *.so files are located:
$ locate libhunspell /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.3.so.0 /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.3.so.0.0.0
And create a symbolic link:
$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.3.so.0 /usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.2.so.0
Now, you should be able to start RSSOwl as follows:
$ cd /opt/rssowl/ $ ./RSSOwl
Refer to this page.
- Remove any reference to IPv6 in
- Disable IPv6 in Network Manager (tab IPv6 Settings). Set method to .
- Add the following lines to :
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1 net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6=1 net.ipv6.conf.enp0s25.disable_ipv6=1 net.ipv6.conf.wlp3s0.disable_ipv6=1
- Apply changes:
$ sudo sysctl -p net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.enp0s25.disable_ipv6 = 1 net.ipv6.conf.wlp3s0.disable_ipv6 = 1
$ sudo sed -i "s/SELINUX=enforcing/SELINUX=disabled/" /etc/selinux/config
- TopIcons Plus
- This extension moves legacy tray icons (bottom left of Gnome Shell) to the top panel. It is a fork from the original extension from ag with settings for icon opacity, saturation, padding, size and tray position, along with a few minor fixes and integration with the Skype integration extension.
- Display system informations in gnome shell status bar, such as memory usage, cpu usage, network rates…
- No Topleft Hot Corner
- This extension disables the top left hot corners. You can still click on Activities or press the dedicated key to reach the overview. Since 3.8, should work with other extensions modifying the Activities button. On versions prior to 3.8, may not disable other hotcorners in multiscreen configurations and won't work on fallback/flashback mode.
- Command Output
- Display the output of a shell command at a user-specified interval.
- Extension Update Notifier
- Shows a notification when extension updates are available
- Frippery Move Clock
- Move clock to left of status menu button
- Window List Mod
- Display a window list at the top of the screen. This extension is mod of extension "Window list" that part of Classic Mode.
- Refresh Wifi Connections
- Add a refresh button to the Wifi connection selection dialog to request for a network scan manually
While updating python packages with pip, if you have the following error:
g++ error:/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1: No such file or directory
fix this with:
$ sudo dnf install redhat-rpm-config
Change gnome-boxes default storage path
$ rm -f ~/.local/share/gnome-boxes $ ln -s /data/virtualmachines/gnome-boxes ~/.local/share/gnome-boxes
This category currently contains no pages or media.