Jump to navigation Jump to search
extundelete [options] [--] device-file
- --version, -[vV]
- Print version and exit successfully.
- Print this help and exit successfully.
- Print contents of superblock in addition to the rest. If no action is specified then this option is implied.
- Show content of journal.
- --after dtime
- Only process entries deleted on or after 'dtime'.
- --before dtime
- Only process entries deleted before 'dtime'.
- --inode ino
- Show info on inode 'ino'.
- --block blk
- Show info on block 'blk'.
- --restore-inode ino[,ino,...]
- Restore the file(s) with known inode number 'ino'. The restored files are created in ./RECOVERED_FILES with their inode number as extension (ie, file.12345).
- --restore-file 'path'
- Will restore file 'path'. 'path' is relative to root of the partition and does not start with a '/'
- The restored file is created in the current directory as 'RECOVERED_FILES/path'.
- --restore-files 'path'
- Will restore files which are listed in the file 'path'.
- Each filename should be in the same format as an option to --restore-file, and there should be one per line.
- --restore-directory 'path'
- Will restore directory 'path'. 'path' is relative to the root directory of the file system. The restored directory is created in the output directory as 'path'.
- Attempts to restore everything.
- -j journal
- Reads an external journal from the named file.
- -b blocknumber
- Uses the backup superblock at blocknumber when opening the file system.
- -B blocksize
- Uses blocksize as the block size when opening the file system. The number should be the number of bytes.
- --log 0
- Make the program silent.
- --log filename
- Logs all messages to filename.
- --log D1=0,D2=filename
- Custom control of log messages with comma-separated
The following example shows how to recover deleted files from a previously mounted LUKS volume
$ sudo apt install extundelete $ cd /data/tmp/ $ sudo extundelete /dev/mapper/luk_svola --restore-all $ tree -a RECOVERED_FILES/ RECOVERED_FILES/ └── dir1 └── secret.txt