Reads data from an area of memory in a specified process. The entire area to be read must be accessible or the operation fails.
BOOL WINAPI ReadProcessMemory( _In_ HANDLE hProcess, _In_ LPCVOID lpBaseAddress, _Out_ LPVOID lpBuffer, _In_ SIZE_T nSize, _Out_ SIZE_T *lpNumberOfBytesRead );
- hProcess [in]
- A handle to the process with memory that is being read. The handle must have PROCESS_VM_READ access to the process.
- lpBaseAddress [in]
- A pointer to the base address in the specified process from which to read. Before any data transfer occurs, the system verifies that all data in the base address and memory of the specified size is accessible for read access, and if it is not accessible the function fails.
- lpBuffer [out]
- A pointer to a buffer that receives the contents from the address space of the specified process.
- nSize [in]
- The number of bytes to be read from the specified process.
- lpNumberOfBytesRead [out]
- A pointer to a variable that receives the number of bytes transferred into the specified buffer. If lpNumberOfBytesRead is NULL, the parameter is ignored.
If the function succeeds, the return value is nonzero.
If the function fails, the return value is 0 (zero). To get extended error information, call GetLastError.
The function fails if the requested read operation crosses into an area of the process that is inaccessible.