EXPLOIT Borland Interbase open_marker_file overflow attempt
|Alert||EXPLOIT Borland Interbase open_marker_file overflow attempt|
Stack-based buffer overflow in Borland InterBase LI 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.11 on Linux, and possibly unspecified versions on Solaris, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long attach request on TCP port 3050 to the open_marker_file function.
- borland_software interbase li_18.104.22.168
- borland_software interbase li_22.214.171.124
- borland_software interbase li_126.96.36.199
Denial of Service. Information disclosure. Loss of integrity. Complete admin access.
- Upgrade to the latest non-affected version of the software.
- Apply the appropriate vendor supplied patches.