PsPasswd is part of the PsTools toolkit developed by Sysinternals. PsPasswd changes passwords on a local or remote system.
PsPasswd is part of the PsTools suite. To install it, please refer to this section.
Usage: pspasswd [\\[computer[,computer,[,...]|Domain]|@file] [-u Username [-p Password]]] Username [NewPassword]
- Direct PsPasswd to perform the command on the remote computer or computers specified. If you omit the computer name PsPasswd runs the command on the local system, and if you specify a wildcard (\\*), PsPasswd runs the command on all computers in the current domain.
- PsPasswd will change the password on the computers listed in the file.
- Specifies optional user name for login to remote computer.
- Specifies optional password for user name. If you omit this you will be prompted to enter a hidden password.
- Specifies name of account for password change.
- New password. If ommitted a NULL password is applied.
C:\pstools>pspasswd \\192.168.1.27 -u pilou -p oopsoops pilou oops
PsPasswd v1.22 - Local and remote password changer
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
Password for 192.168.1.27\pilou successfully changed.