Jump to navigation Jump to search
Downloads data to the Internet cache and returns the file name of the cache location for retrieving the bits.
HRESULT URLDownloadToCacheFile( _In_ LPUNKNOWN lpUnkcaller, _In_ LPCSTR szURL, _Out_ LPTSTR szFileName, _In_ DWORD cchFileName, _Reserved_ DWORD dwReserved, _In_opt_ IBindStatusCallback *pBSC );
- lpUnkcaller [in]
- A pointer to the controlling IUnknown interface of the calling ActiveX component, if the caller is an ActiveX component. If the caller is not an ActiveX component, this value can be set to NULL. Otherwise, the caller is a COM object that is contained in another component, such as an ActiveX control in the context of an HTML page. This parameter represents the outermost IUnknown of the calling component. The function attempts the download in the context of the ActiveX client framework, and allows the caller container to receive callbacks on the progress of the download.
- szURL [in]
- A pointer to a string value that contains the URL to download. Cannot be set to NULL.
- szFileName [out]
- A pointer to a string value that contains the name of the downloaded file. Cannot be set to NULL.
- cchFileName [in]
- An unsigned long integer value that contains the number of characters of the szFileName value.
- Reserved. Must be set to 0.
- pBSC [in, optional]
- A pointer to the IBindStatusCallback interface of the caller. By using IBindStatusCallback::OnProgress, a caller can receive download status. URLDownloadToCacheFile calls the IBindStatusCallback::OnProgress and IBindStatusCallback::OnDataAvailable methods as data is received. The download operation can be canceled by returning E_ABORT from any callback. This parameter can be set to NULL if status is not required.
Returns one of the following values.
|E_FAIL||The operation failed.|
|E_OUTOFMEMORY||The buffer length is invalid, or there is insufficient memory to complete the operation.|
|S_OK||The operation succeeded.|